Due to Covid-19 restrictions, as we begin the 2020-21 season our NCCP Coach Clinics will have a different look than historically. For this season only, we have relaxed to help accommodate Social Distancing practices while following direction from Public Health.
Option 1- The following are the minimum requirements for 2020-21 season only:
- Hockey University: NCCP Coaching Program Online – Coach 1/2
- Hockey University: RTH Safety Guidelines (new)
- Respect in Sport – Activity Leader
- All those listed above
- Hockey University: Checking
Option 2 – Limited clinics will also be offered virtually and in person (if possible) if coaches wish to take part. The Coach 1 and Coach 2 will be offered virtually via Zoom. Coaches would sign up for the clinic as normal but will receive a link to take part in the clinic virtually. The virtual option will replace the in class and on ice portions of the typical Coach 1 or Coach 2 clinics.
Plan for Clinic Delivery for the 2020-21 Season:
- Starting in November we will offer a minimum of 3 Coach 1 virtual clinics for all coaches across Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Starting in November we will offer a minimum of 3 Coach 2 virtual clinics for all coaches across Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Offer 1 Coach 1 in class session per region if possible.
- Offer 1 Coach 2 in class session per region if possible.
- November 3 – 6:00-10:00pm
- November 10 FEMALE ONLY – 6:00-10:00pm
- November 17 – 6:00-10:00pm
- November 5 – 6:00-10:00pm
- November 12 FEMALE ONLY – 6:00-10:00pm
- November 19 – 6:00-10:00pm
* The Female only clinics are part of the We Are Coaches female program by Hockey Canada. These are free for any female coaches who wish to take part.
These clinics will take place via Zoom. We ask coaches to download the app to their computer or tablet. For all clinics starting in the 2020-21 season, participants must be registered with clinic fees paid before attending the clinic either virtually or in person.