Applications for 2017 Athletic Excellence Fund Available Online
Applications for the 2017 Athletic Excellence Fund, which provides financial support for provincial athletes, coaches and officials, are now available online.
“We understand how important it is for our athletes to have opportunities to compete at Atlantic, national and international levels, and we are proud to have them represent Newfoundland and Labrador. Sport plays a valuable role in the lives of residents and our government is committed to providing support and capacity to enable all Newfoundlanders and Labradorians, including youth to live more active, healthy lives. The Athletic Excellence Fund helps offset the cost of training and competition and I encourage interested individuals to make application through their Provincial Sport Organization.”
– The Honourable Sherry Gambin-Walsh, Minister of Children, Seniors and Social Development
The Athletic Excellence Fund is composed of four individual programs – the Premier’s Athletic Awards; Team Gushue Awards; Elite Athlete Assistance Program; and Sport NL Scholarships. Applicants must be a current member in good standing with their Provincial Sport Organization.
Completed applications must be submitted to the Provincial Sport Organization on or before January 27, 2017.
For more information, and to access an application, visit: www.cssd.gov.nl.ca/recreation/financial_assistance/athletic_excellence_fund.html.
- The Athletic Excellence Fund, which provides financial support for provincial athletes, coaches and officials, is now accepting applications for 2017.
- The fund is designed to support the pursuit of athletic excellence in Newfoundland and Labrador by helping offset the cost of training and competition.
- Completed applications must be forwarded to the applicable Provincial Sport Organization on or before January 27, 2017.
- For more information, and to access an application, visit: www.cssd.gov.nl.ca/recreation/financial_assistance/athletic_excellence_fund.html
– 30 –
Media Relations Manager
Department of Children, Seniors and Social Development