Bay Arena Minor Hockey Association is pleased to announce that they are recruiting for a Technical Director.
The Technical Director will be responsible for both player and coach development in the Bay Arena Minor Hockey program. With support from the Executive board members and coaching volunteers, the immediate goals for the job are to include but are not limited to:
- Designing and developing an on ice program that reflects Hockey Canada guidelines that meets player and Coach Development in our House League Program.
- Development and support of volunteer coaches, in our House League and All Star Programs.
- Implement and design a program for the instruction of beginner players new to the game.
- Attend Board meetings as required.
- Providing support and making recommendations to the Executive for improvement based on BAMHA objectives
- Provide reports, as necessary, to the Executive as it relates to the functionality of all divisions.
- Liaising with sport governing bodies and hockey organizations.
- Providing front-line support to players and coaches.
- Providing technical leadership and participate in all-star team tryout process.
- Other duties may apply based on HNL/ HC AGM Sept 2019.
- A minimum of NCCP Level 2 or Development 2 Hockey Canada coaching certificate, plus 5 years coaching experience with players under the age of 18.
- A love of working with children and youth, a sense of fun and an ability to bring this to bear in coaching situations, creativity and an openness to try new things, and strong communication skills with both children and parents.
- Speak-Out, Respect in Sport, and Respect in coaching certificates.
- All appropriate security clearances (i.e. RCMP, Vulnerable Sector).
This is a Seasonal full time 35 – 40hrs /week
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply for this position, send your resume to: President Matthew French firstname.lastname@example.org or Treasurer Melissa Hierlihy email@example.com
We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.