HOCKEY NL ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING – CONCLUDED YESTERDAY
June 10, 2019
For Immediate Release
Grand Falls-Windsor, NL- Hockey NL concluded their Annual General Meeting this weekend in Gander.
A summary of some of the items reported during this year’s AGM include:
- Another increase in registration and participation from the previous year.
- The Western Kings were announced as the host for the 2020 Major Midget Atlantic Championship being held from April 2-5, 2020 in Corner Brook.
- AAA Hockey for Pee Wee and Bantam Minor will return to a tournament format from the previous seasonal league structure.
- Female Under 20 category has changed to Midget Female (players 17 and under) beginning next season.
- A maximum term has now been set for the position of President of the Association.
- Female Council has changed a position to Vice Chair and also added a Tri-Pen Area Director to their Executive Committee.
- Junior Hockey reported on their successful season and playoff fan attendance increase.
- Senior Hockey teams and leagues were all represented and participated in small work group sessions in an attempt to prepare and sustain senior hockey in all areas of the province.
- Hockey NL made a cheque presentation of $33,262.32 to Nevaeh’s Lemonade Stand as a result of the efforts from the female players and teams during the 2019 Female Hockey Provincials.
- Hockey NL has added a new Risk Management Standing Committee in efforts to continually ensure the association has a comprehensive program.
Hockey NL held their election of Officers at the conclusion of the weekend.
The Executive Committee for 2019-2021:
Jack Lee, Goulds – President
Jared Butler, Grand Falls-Windsor – Vice President
Debbie Bouzane, Gander – Chair, Female
Gary Gale, Hampden – Chair, Senior
Charlie Kearsey, St. John’s – Chair, Junior
Arnold Kelly, Goose Bay – Chair, Minor
Ken Chafe, Goulds – Hockey Development Chair
Ed Flood, Corner Brook – Referee-in-Chief
Gerry Evans, Mount Pearl – Past President