SOUTHERN SHORE MINOR HOCKEY ASSOCIATION
The Southern Shore Minor Hockey Association (SSMHA) is currently accepting applications for a part-time Technical Director position for the 2018-2019 season to help develop a strong, sustainable hockey program that address the needs and maximize the potentials and opportunities of players and coaches at all levels of play. This is a part time position that will run for approximately 5-6 consecutive hours every Saturday.
Salary: Based on Experience
Candidates for this position should possess the following:
- Elite level hockey experience (player, coach or administrator)
- Provide vision and leadership
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills with both children and their parents
- A love of working with children and youth
- A sense of fun and ability to bring this to bear in coaching situations
- Demonstrate ability to work with athletes, coaches Volunteers and administrators
- The understanding of the needs of beginners as well as high-performance athletes.
- A criminal record check will be required.
Duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Program development and oversight
- Player and coach development
- Team coaching
- Coordination of training events
- Liaising with sport governing bodies and hockey organizations
- Knowledge of SSMHA rules, regulations, policies and programs.
- Assist in the evaluations of players for team selections
If interested, please forward your resume by email to Southern Shore Minor Hockey at Tracy @ firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Monday, August 20, 2018.