Paradise Minor Hockey Association is pleased to announce that they are recruiting for the newly created Technical Director position. As our first Technical Director you will be helping shape the future of our association while developing a strong, sustainable hockey program that addresses the needs and maximizes the potential and opportunities of players and coaches at all levels of play.
The Technical Director will be responsible for all aspects of player and coach development in the Paradise Minor Hockey program. With support from Divisional Technical leads, administrative and coaching staff, the immediate goals for the job are to include but are not limited to:
- Designing and developing an on/off ice program that reflects Hockey Canada guidelines that meets and exceeds player and Coach Development.
- Development and support of junior coaches, with an eye to their continuing involvement in the association and their progression to higher levels.
- Recruiting, managing, mentoring, and motivating coaches and volunteers for all levels of play.
- Improved programs for the instruction of junior players new to the game.
- Attend Board meetings as required.
- Providing support to Vice President as required and making recommendations to the Executive for improvement based on PMHA objectives.
- Provide bi-weekly reports to the Executive as it relates to the functionality of all divisions.
- Increasing player skill development at the house league and all-star levels. Identification of high performance and committed players ready for higher levels of play and coordination of mentoring for them as they transition to higher levels both within and outside of the association.
- Liaising with sport governing bodies and hockey organizations.
- Providing front-line support to players and coaches.
- Providing technical leadership and develop the all-star team tryout process
- Strong working knowledge of Hockey Canada’s Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) and Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) models.
Candidates for the position should possess the following:
- A minimum of NCCP Level 2 or Development 2 Hockey Canada coaching certificate, plus 5 years coaching experience with players under the age of 18. Applicant must have an understanding of the needs of beginners as well as high-performance athletes.
- A love of working with children and youth, a sense of fun and an ability to bring this to bear in coaching situations, creativity and an openness to try new things, and strong communication skills with both children and parents.
- Speak-Out, Respect in Sport, and Respect in Coaching certificates.
- All appropriate security clearances (i.e. RCMP, Vulnerable Sector).
- Successful past experience as a Head Coach and/or Technical Director.
- Elite level hockey experience (player, coach or administrator).
- Provide vision and leadership.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Experience serving as a role model to our youth, while exemplifying the values of Hockey NL and Hockey Canada; and A passion for youth and hockey, with proven success working within a leadership group.
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply for this position, please drop off your resume, cover letter, and three related references in a sealed envelope or mail to:
Paradise Minor Hockey Association
1 Sarah Davis Way, Suite 2
Paradise, NL A1L 3W3
Deadline for applications is 12 noon, Monday, May 16, 2016. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.