The Corner Brook Minor Hockey Association (CBMHA) provides a quality minor hockey program to the youth of Corner Brook and the surrounding region. Established in 1955, the CBMHA has a proud and storied history producing some of the finest young athletes from our province. Our Association continues to grow with over 400 boys and girls registered this past season.
We are currently welcoming applications for the position of Technical Director for a 2 year term, 2017-2018 and 2018-2019 hockey seasons. Candidates for the position should possess the following:
- Minimum Development 1 Hockey Canada coaching certificate;
- Speak-Out, Respect in Sport, Respect in Coaching certificates;
- All appropriate security clearances (i.e. RCMP, Vulnerable Sector);
- Successful past experience as a Head Coach and/or Technical Director;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Experience serving as a role model to our youth, while exemplifying the values of Hockey Newfoundland and Labrador and Hockey Canada; and
- A passion for youth and hockey, with proven success working within a leadership group.
Duties of the Technical Director include, but are not limited to:
- Designing and developing an on ice program that reflects Hockey Canada guidelines;
- Strong working knowledge of Hockey Canada’s Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) and Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) models;
- Participating in the selection of house league and representative coaches;
- Building player participation levels in CBMHA;
- Increasing player skill development at the house league and all-star levels;
- Building coaching capacity within CBMHA;
- Providing support to Divisional Vice Presidents as required and making recommendations to the Executive for improvement based on CBMHA’s objectives;
- Providing technical leadership and advice of the all-star team tryout process;
- Recruiting, managing, mentoring, and motivating coaches and volunteers;
- Liaising with the CBMHA executive; and
- Other duties as assigned by the CBMHA Executive.
Salary is commensurate with experience. To apply for this position, please email your resume, cover letter, and three related references to Jackie Simms, President at email@example.com
Deadline for applications is 5pm, Monday, August 3, 2017. We thank all those who apply. Only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.