Welcome to the U7 Program Information Page!
Hockey NL’s membership continues to build on the changes brought in at the U7 Program level (5 & 6 years of age) with regards to the sizing of ice space, equipment and other areas for the youth hockey development structure. Hockey NL has mandated that ALL U7 Program hockey games beginning in the 2016/17 season, are to be played in a cross-ice setup. The smaller ice surface will support more competitive, fun and overall better development for our youth hockey players.
AGE SPECIFIC DEVELOPMENT
- U7 (AGE 5-6) | LTPD FUNDAMENTALS 1
- U7 CORE SKILLS
- U7 SKILLS EVALUATION
- U7 INFORMATION HANDOUT
- U7 Implementation Guide (The guide to help implement the ideal U7 program for MHAs)
- Rink Divider Purchasing Information
- Additional Benefits of Cross Ice Hockey from the IIHF
HNL MHA/IP EQUIPMENT FUNDING APPLICATION – CLICK HERE
- Hockey Canada Initiation Program Promotional Video
- Dr. Stephen Norris Grassroots Presentation: Sport scientist Dr. Stephen Norris presented to the HNL membership at the 2016 fall meetings. Dr. Norris, presented on the proper development in grassroots programming for young hockey players/athletes. In this video link Dr. Norris presents to Hockey Manitoba with that familiar message. This is a must watch for all those involved in Minor Hockey – Enjoy!
- Video Paul Carson (Hockey Canada, Senior Director Development)
- Video Corey McNabb (Hockey Canada, Director of Player Development)
- U7 Small Area Game Promotional Video – Video created by USA hockey to show the benefits of smaller area development for young hockey players.
- Child Perspective Video – Put yourself in the young players shoes and see what they see!