Due to Covid-19 restrictions, as we begin the 2020-21 season our NCCP Coach Clinics will have a different look than historically. For this season only, we have relaxed to help accommodate Social Distancing practices while following direction from Public Health.
Option 1- The following are the minimum requirements for 2020-21 season only:
- Hockey University: NCCP Coaching Program Online – Coach 1/2
- Hockey University: RTH Safety Guidelines (new)
- Respect in Sport – Activity Leader
- All those listed above
- Hockey University: Checking
Option 2 – Limited clinics will also be offered virtually and in person (if possible) if coaches wish to take part. The Coach 1 and Coach 2 will be offered virtually via Zoom. Coaches would sign up for the clinic as normal but will receive a link to take part in the clinic virtually. The virtual option will replace the in class and on ice portions of the typical Coach 1 or Coach 2 clinics.
Plan for Clinic Delivery for the 2020-21 Season:
- Starting in November we will offer a minimum of 3 Coach 1 virtual clinics for all coaches across Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Starting in November we will offer a minimum of 3 Coach 2 virtual clinics for all coaches across Newfoundland and Labrador.
- Offer 1 Coach 1 in class session per region if possible.
- Offer 1 Coach 2 in class session per region if possible.
- February 8th 6:00pm
These clinics will take place via Zoom. We ask coaches to download the app to their computer or tablet. For all clinics starting in the 2020-21 season, participants must be registered with clinic fees paid before attending the clinic either virtually or in person.