We are now accepting applications for the position of Manager, Hockey Development and High Performance.
Title: Manager, Hockey Development and High Performance
Application Deadline: 4:00 pm September 1, 2023
Location: Flexible within the Province of Newfoundland and Labrador
Working with Hockey Newfoundland and Labrador will be a rewarding and exciting opportunity. The successful applicant will become a part of a collaborative organization comprised of staff and dedicated volunteers.
Overview of the Position:
As a key member of Hockey Newfoundland and Labrador, the Manager of Hockey Development and High Performance will work closely with the Executive Director and Chair of Hockey Development to lead and execute development initiatives throughout the province.
This role will be responsible for, but not limited to:
• In a co-leadership model, partner with the Hockey Development Committee for the delivery of programming under the Hockey Development and High Performance program.
• Recruit and supervise the team needed to effectively implement the plans within each portfolio.
• Oversee the maintenance and development of Hockey NL Development Programs in conjunction with the Hockey Development Committee.
• Attend Hockey Development Committees meetings and Hockey NL Meetings as required.
• Provide administrative support to the Hockey Development Committee through the creation of reports, presentations, minutes, and other communications.
• Be responsible in the coordination and delivery of branch development programs and administering funding submissions, special projects, seminars, camps, workshops, and reports.
• Manage the High Performance Program and Canada Winter Games teams in conjunction with the Hockey Development Committee and identified program leads.
• Work with Minor Hockey Associations development volunteers to coordinate and deliver development clinics, programs, projects, and training.
• Attend camps, seminars, and meetings in support of Branch Development activities as required.
• Support the management of all regional events hosted by Hockey NL in consultation with host committees.
• Partner with the officiating program as required.
• Develop and implement a goaltending program which focus on recruitment, retention, and development of goalies.
• Manage continuing coach education opportunities outside of the coach certification program.
• Enhance coach mentorship programs and opportunities.
• Fulfill all other duties as reasonably required.
• Undergraduate degree / Diploma in Sport Management, Business Administration, Recreation, or other related field.
• Minimum five (5) years of related work experience, or a combined equivalent of education and work experience.
• Relevant experience in hockey and/or other high-pressure, complex sports/events environments delivering models of sport management across different disciplines.
• Demonstrated experience leading sport projects from inception to completion.
• Solid knowledge of sport programming and planning.
• Effective communicator, including oral, written, and presentation skills.
• Energetic self-starter; takes initiative and can work with minimum direction and supervision.
• Creative, results-oriented, and able to deliver on deadlines.
• Experience with Microsoft Office.
• Flexible and strong team orientation and management style.
• Ability to liaise and interact with multiple sport partners both locally and nationally.
• Based on position requirements, flexibility to work some evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Conditions of Employment:
• Office hours would be 40 hours/week.
• All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada at the time of application.
• Valid Newfoundland and Labrador drivers license and owned vehicle.
• Valid Certificate of Conduct and Vulnerable Sector Check will be required.
• Background and credential checks may be required for specified positions.
Applying for this Position:
To apply, forward cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Hockey NL is committed to the employment of a qualified workplace which reflects the belief that diversity and inclusion contributes to a better workplace and skilled team.
Applicants have the right to request an accommodation during the recruitment phase and if invited to progress to an assessment or interview.
We thank all who apply, however, only those selected to proceed in the recruitment process will be contacted. No phone calls or emails please.
Hockey NL reserves the right to change, amend or disuse this job description at any time. This document is intended to provide an overview of the required responsibilities and qualifications.