September 19, 2018
Hockey NL is hiring.
We are now accepting applications for the position of Technical Director. For more information on this employment opportunity, please see below.
HOCKEY NEWFOUNDLAND AND LABRADOR TECHNICAL DIRECTOR
Hockey NL is the governing body for amateur hockey in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Working with its member associations, clubs and leagues, Hockey NL oversees the administration and delivery of hockey programming from the entry level to the national competition. For additional information on Hockey NL visit www.hockeynl.ca.
Hockey NL is inviting applications for the full time position of Technical Director.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Technical Director, will:
- Manage the High Performance Program and Canada Winter Games teams;
- Manage the delivery of Hockey Canada Skills Development Camps;
- Educate Minor Hockey Associations, parents, coaches and volunteers on Long Term Player Development;
- Be responsible for editing, updating and formatting Hockey NL technical resource manuals;
- Be responsible in the coordination and delivery of Branch Development Programs and administering funding submissions and reports;
- Work with Minor Hockey Association’s development volunteers to coordinate and deliver development clinics, programs, projects, training etc.
- Individual would become certified as a Master Course Conductor and be able to deliver clinics related to the Hockey Canada Coaching Certification Program;
- Be responsible for the planning and execution of specialized development projects, seminars, camps and workshops;
- Attend camps, seminars and meetings in support of Branch development activities.
- Product content for website, including technical materials, press releases, and general information related to Development Programs;
- Manage all branch and regional events hosted by Hockey NL in consultation with host committees.
- Provide support and act as staff resource to the Hockey Development Committee;
- Manage all branch social media platforms
Qualifications and Experience:
The successful candidate shall possess the following:
- Strong knowledge of Hockey NL, it’s development programs, and delivery structure will be considered an asset;
- Possess exceptional computer skills including a working knowledge of MS Office or recognized alternative;
- Strong project coordination, hockey technical and excellent organizational skills;
- Ability to monitor and follow-up on correspondence as well as time sensitive projects requiring response or future actions;
- Proven written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment with volunteers;
- NCCP, Hockey Safety Program and other Branch development program training is an asset;
- Experience as a player, coach or official an asset;
- Individual must be willing to work flexible hours, have use of personal vehicle and be willing to travel.
- University or College graduate with degree/diploma in Sport Management or a related field, with a minimum three years of professional work experience would be as asset.
Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by Friday, October 5, 2018 at 4:00 p.m. NLST to:
Attn: Executive Director
PO Box 176
Email: [email protected]
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.