Bauer, Canadian Tire and Hockey Canada are pleased to announce that the application period for minor hockey associations wishing to host a Canadian Tire First Shift program in 2019-20 will open on January 15, 2019.
This will mark the sixth season of the program, which has seen more than 620 programs executed, resulting in more than 23,000 children across the country trying hockey for the first time.
Minor hockey associations are encouraged to review the program’s criteria and FAQs at www.firstshift.ca/for-hosts/ , as well as the Benefits Document attached.
Over the years, based on host minor hockey association and member feedback, we have made continuous improvements to the programs to accommodate the reality of the hosts. Improvements include: online management portal enabling real-time access to every aspect of the program, different program sizes, ice rental subsidies, all-girls programs, para hockey programs, programs for children with the autistic spectrum disorder and more.
The Canadian Tire First Shift is a recruitment program designed to ease kids and their families into the sport of hockey in a fun and welcoming environment. It is open to boys and girls ages 6-10 years old, who have never previously registered to play hockey. The registration fee is $199 for each participant and includes:
• a Welcome Event – information, education, and an equipment fitting session;
• six on-ice sessions designed by Hockey Canada; and
• a complete set of Bauer gear, including: hockey bag, helmet combo (with facemask), shoulder pads, elbow pads, neck guard, shorts with jock / jill, pants, hockey socks, shin guards, jersey, socks, gloves, stick and skates.
For minor hockey associations, the Canadian Tire First Shift offers:
• The opportunity to bring new families into your hockey community and increase membership
• Hockey Canada support:
- instructor criteria and education
- welcome event execution support
- on-going program support
- a new online portal enabling the management of registrations and forms in real time
- insurance for participants and coaches
• Bauer support:
- Welcome Event execution
- promotional program support
- positive media exposure
- head-to-toe equipment for participants
- a coach kit
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org