The Town of Lewisporte, Franchisee of the Central IcePak Major Midget Hockey Team is seeking applications for the position of Head Coach.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work with high-level hockey players while at the same time, assisting in the development of growth of these players, you should think about getting involved in the Major Midget Hockey Program. This is a unique opportunity for you to get involved and have a very rewarding and worthwhile hockey experience.
Expectations of the Head Coach are as follows:
• Appoint Coaching Staff (Assistant Coach, Trainer, Equipment Manager)
• Host two try-out camps (dates to be determined pending ice availability)
• Team selection (Full time & alternate players)
• Hold two weekly practices at Lewisporte Stadium
• Attend all scheduled games (32 – 40 game schedule), plus play-offs
• Attend all tournaments including the IceJam in Halifax, Monctonian and other tournaments agreed upon by the Coaching Staff and Board of Directors
• Liaison between players/parents and scouts/agents/etc to maximize player exposure and future opportunities.
• Any other duties related to the development and growth of the Central IcePak Hockey Team
CLICK HERE for the application form. Please note that the deadline for receiving applications is 4:30 p.m., Friday, June 5, 2015. Applications can be received by email, fax, mail or be dropped off to the Lewisporte Town Office.
Yours in Hockey,
Central IcePak Major Midget Hockey Team