We are now accepting applications for the position of Coordinator of Accounting.
Hockey NL is the governing body for amateur hockey in the province of Newfoundland and Labrador. Working with its member associations, clubs and leagues, Hockey NL oversees the administration and delivery of hockey programming from the entry level to national competition. For additional information on Hockey NL, please visit www.hockeynl.ca.
COORDINATOR OF ACCOUNTING
Position: This is a full-time position, with expected hours at approximately 35 hours per week.
Location: Branch Office – Grand Falls-Windsor, NL
Responsibilities: Reporting to the Branch Executive Director, the Coordinator of Accounting will:
- Be responsible for the bookkeeping of the organization’s financial records and establish, maintain and balance various accounts using Simply Accounting. Post journal entries and reconcile accounts, prepare trial balance of books, maintain general ledgers and prepare financial statements. Calculate and prepare cheques for payrolls and for utility, tax and other bills. Complete and submit tax remittance forms, and other government documents. Prepare other statistical, financial and accounting reports;
- Staff resource to the Audit and Finance Committee;
- Provide general administration office services; and
- Complete other duties as required or directed by the Executive Director.
The successful candidate shall possess the following Qualifications and Experience:
- The successful candidate shall have a diploma/undergraduate degree from a recognized post-secondary institute, or equivalent work experience;
- Minimum one-year bookkeeping experience;
- Possess exceptional computer skills including a working knowledge of Simply Accounting and MS Office or recognized alternative;
- Ability to monitor and follow-up on correspondence as well as time sensitive projects requiring response or future actions;
- Proven written and verbal communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team environment with volunteers;
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Hourly rate: $20/hr.
Deadline to Apply: October 7, 2022
Please forward application to:
P.O. Box 176
Grand Falls-Windsor, NL
Email: [email protected]