Hockey NL Minor Hockey is partnering with Heart & Stroke on a great new initiative, Skate for Heart. The event will take place in each participating association’s home rink throughout the month of February. Funds raised through Skate for Heart will go towards AED and CPR training for hockey associations across the province. Together we can fund breakthroughs and save lives.
Imagine Hockey NL players participating in an on ice event with their teammates, coaches and families as they celebrate raising funds for Heart & Stroke. The Top Fundraising Association will receive priority AED/CPR training session for its coaching staff as well as an AED to be placed in the association’s location of choice.
Hockey NL is bringing the community together to raise critical funds needed to promote healthier lives free of heart disease and stroke within our province. Currently Newfoundland and Labrador leads the country in heart disease and stroke related deaths, a scary statistic that with your help we could positively impact.
When your Minor Hockey Associations registers for Skate for Heart, you will be committing to:
- Receiving AED/CPR training for your Minor Hockey Association (up to 8 staff/volunteers)
- Raising critical funds needed for heart disease and stroke related research
- Raise awareness for medical conditions such as ARVC which is a unique genetic heart condition prominent in NL that puts carriers at risk for sudden cardiac arrest
- Show dedication to the cardiac safety of our children and our communities across the province
- Getting our youth and communities moving which is proven to have a positive impact on an individual’s overall health
Choose any on-ice event that works for your community such as a skate-a-thon, skills competition or family skate.
Any date chosen by your Minor Hockey Association throughout Heart Month (February 2018)
Your Minor Hockey Association’s Home Rink
For more information on this event or to register your association, please contact Katie Greene, Area Manager, at [email protected] or (709) 383-1028.