Hockey NL will be opening their Annual General Meeting in Gander at the Albatross Hotel on Friday, June 13 with the closing session slated for Sunday, June 15, 2014.
This AGM brings together all of the provincial sport governing bodies membership from across the province to report on the past season and make plans for the 2014-2015 season.
This meeting will feature the opening resolution and plenary sessions on Friday which will provide the opportunity for the branch to report on the achievements of the past season as well as highlight areas that need improvement. Each respective division of hockey (Female, Minor, Junior and Senior) will hold meeting sessions on Saturday to report and prepare for their respective category of hockey.
Some of the interesting subjects on the 2014 AGM agendas are:
– Report on the Hockey Canada’s Annual General Meeting including the outlining plans for the 100th Anniversary events, the Bauer Grow the Game initiative and coach education.
– The landscape in Senior Hockey for the 2014-2015 season.
– The organization for the new provincial AAA Pee Wee and Bantam Leagues in 2014-2015.
– Tabling of 24 proposed constitutional resolutions.
– The possibility of the removal of Body Checking in specific categories for players aged 13-17.
– The dates for female provincial championships and the determination whether females should be allowed to participate with two teams in provincials.
– Presentation from Kids Help Line.
– The appetite for junior hockey expansion into a new category.
Jack Lee, of Goulds, is the President of Hockey Newfoundland and Labrador and is completing his third year in the top position and he is looking forward to the meetings. “We have some important decisions to make this weekend that will have a substantial impact on player recruitment, retention and safety. Areas that we really want to focus on in the coming years”, remarked Lee.
Hockey NL will be holding their Annual Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony and Award Presentations on Saturday, June 14, 2014 at the Albatross Hotel. There will be 6 new members of the Hockey Hall of Fame that will be officially inducted as well as presentations of several awards such as the President’s Award, Meritorious Awards, Female Promotional Award, Joe Byrne Development Honor Roll Award, Charlie McCarthy Memorial Award, Gold Stick and the Ron Healey Memorial Award.
Lee stated that this is very important to recognize triumphs. “That evening will be the highlight of our weekend, and I look forward to the presentations to individuals from both our past and present who have made a positive impact on our game, this is always a special night.”
CLICK HERE to obtain copies of the various agendas.
For more information please contact Craig Tulk, Executive Director of Hockey Newfoundland and Labrador at (709) 486-0442 or e-mail [email protected]
Executive Director, Hockey NL
P.O. Box 176
Grand Falls-Windsor, NL