The Team Atlantic Female Under-18 program announced today the coaching and support staff that will lead the team at the 2017 National Women’s Under-18 Championship in November.
Team Atlantic will be guided by Fredericton’s Kayla Blackmore who will serve as head coach of the squad. In 2015, Blackmore was an assistant coach with Team Atlantic.
The coaching and support staff was assembled by the Team Atlantic selection committee which is comprised of members from each of the four Atlantic hockey branches.
Team Atlantic will be made up of twenty players who will be chosen from Nova Scotia, New Brunswick, Newfoundland and Labrador, and Prince Edward Island. The team will be selected through a process involving a summer camp in August and the 2017 Atlantic Challenge Cup that will be played in Moncton in October.
Each year, Team Atlantic is one of eight teams that compete for Canadian bragging rights at the National Women’s Under-18 Championship. This year’s event is being held from November 1-5, 2017 in Quebec City.
The Team Atlantic Female Under-18 staff is as follows:
- Brad Taylor — Director of Operations (Lower Sackville, NS)
- Kayla Blackmore — Head Coach (Fredericton, NB)
- Amanda Boulegon — Assistant Coach (Halifax, NS)
- Meghan Frizzell — Assistant Coach (Burnt Cove, NL)
- Nelson MacAulay — Goaltending Coach (Souris, PE)
- Danielle McNally — Therapist (Wolfville, NS)
- Alex Ryan — Equipment Manager (Woodstock, NB)
- Troy Ryan — Mentor Coach (Spryfield, NS)
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Director of Operations, Team Atlantic Female Under-18