The Mount Pearl Minor Hockey Association is looking for a Technical Director for the 2020-2021 Minor Hockey Season.
The Technical Director will be responsible for all aspects of player and coach development in the Mount Pearl Minor Hockey program. Job duties include, but are not limited to:
• Designing and developing an on-ice program that reflects Hockey Canada guidelines and enhances player development
• Development and support of coaches in both house league and all-star with the goal of assisting their progression to higher levels
• Recruiting, managing, mentoring, and motivating coaches and volunteers for all hockey programs within the MPMHA.
• Providing regular reports to the Executive as it relates to the functionality of all divisions
• Increasing player skill development at the house league and all-star levels
• Liaising with sport governing bodies and hockey organizations
• Conducting regular assessments of players and coaches at all levels
• Providing on-ice support to players and coaches at all levels
• Providing technical leadership and developing the all-star team tryout process
The successful candidate:
Essential or Required Qualifications:
• enjoys working with children and youth
• is creative and open to trying new things
• is a strong and effective communicator with both children and adults
• has successful experience as a Head Coach and/or Technical Director
• has elite-level hockey experience as a player or coach
• Has all appropriate security clearances (i.e., RNC, Vulnerable Sector)
• has a solid understanding of the needs of beginners and high-performance athletes
• has or working towards an NCCP Level 2 or Development 1 Hockey Canada coaching certificate, with a minimum of 5 years coaching experience with players under the age of 18.
• has a strong working knowledge of Hockey Canada’s Long-Term Player Development (LTPD) and Long-Term Athlete Development (LTAD) models.
• Approximately 25 – 30 hours per week typically from September to May
• Hours are primarily on weeknights and weekends
• Salary is commensurate with experience
For more information or to apply for this position, please contact:
Tim Jones, Director of Development Programs
Mount Pearl Minor Hockey Association
[email protected] , (709) 749-0246
The application deadline is July 2, 2020.